This is a solid theme for any blogger or creative. It’s very simple use out-of-the-box and you can set it up without referring to the documentation file. Very intuitive layout. Clean coding and design.
Notable SmartBlog Features
- Handcrafted for all type of blog sites.
- Fully Responsive design with High Definition Retina graphics
- Elegant and unique Featured Slider
- Beautiful Top Bar Hamburger Menu for secondary navigation
- Multiweight Post Titles that draw attention to blog articles
- Several Homepage Layouts for your blog:
- Standard Blog Layout
- List Layout
- Full Post and Grid
- Full Post, Sidebar, and Grid
- List Layout Full Width
- Simple Grid Layout
- Blog Layout Full Width
- And More.
- Built-in Custom Widgets for perfect blog.
- Custom About Me Widget
- Custom Social Icons Widget
- Custom Popular Posts Widget
- Custom Latest Posts Widget
- Custom Social Count Plus Widget
- Custom Quotes Widget
- Custom Advertisement Widget
- Unique Call to Action Widget
- Beautiful Instagram Footer Widget
- Multiple Post Formats Support
- Gallery Post Format
- Video Post format
- Audio Post Format
- Standard Post Format
- Smooth Sticky Top Bar with Logo
- Off-canvas Mobile Menu
- Our custom-built Justified Post Gallery
- Advanced Live Customizer Options
- Customization Options to Show/Hide Most Elements
- Multiple Custom Menus & Unique mobile menu
- WordPress 4.3+ Compatible
- WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin compatible
- Contact Form 7 compatible
- Integrated MailChimp Subscribe Form
- Unique Logo for mobile devices
- Post ‘Like’ Feature
- Social Media Sharing with Counters
- Scrollable Related Posts Carousel
- Tons of Typography And Color Options
- Free Updates and new blog features.
- Translation Ready
- Long-term Support
If you are a new blogger or a creative a who wants your primary focus to be on journaling, then this is a great starter theme. However, if you hoped to create high-resolution galleries or portfolios then there are definitely other themes—with much more robust capabilities—that could more than meet your needs.
Galleries and portfolio aside the biggest drawback with the SmartBlog theme is that it doesn’t have out-of-the-box WooCommerce compatibility.
Yes, as stated in the name of the theme it is clearly a designed for bloggers, so when assumption is that e-Commerce functionality is not a necessity. However, contemporary bloggers also have a desire to monetize their platforms and having the option to do so straight out-of-the-box is ideal.
Note: If you’re proficient in web development or know how to add WooCommerce to any theme, then this will not be a deal breaker. Still, this isn’t a free theme and if you’re going to spend $50 for a theme then you must might as well get all of the bang that you can for your buck.
Overall rating: 3/5
Pre-packaged WooCommerce compatibly would land this theme a: 4/5
Are there any themes out there that you’re on the fence about purchasing? Let me know what it is and what features you hope that it includes and I’ll give you an honest review.
Any more questions about this theme? Ask in the comment section below.